Take the Twilight Road

No light below
Only gravel as I walk
Toes kiss the ground
As I feel my way forward
The gravel begins to grind
As barbed wire underfoot
Picking at my soles’ flesh
Like piranha upon a carcass

Bones flirt with pavement
Scraping by, yard by yard
Almost a gleaming white
Can be seen behind me
As forward I push the black wall
Forcing a future perhaps
No light ahead
Only iradecent white beneath

Soft as a crow’s wing
The darkness teases me
Embracing a sweet sleep
It purrs into my darkest wish
Touching my inner emotion
I can almost see with eyes closed
Yet my feet scream to let it go
And away the crow flies.

Long, the way winds round
Sometimes, brushed by leaves
Soft hands of foliage flow
Warming my arms caressed
Memories of loving tenderness
All at once, imagined apparition
Longings forgotten behind me
And in a splash awakened.

Right foot found water loud
Eyes peeled sharp catch my visage
In ripples lit by rising horizon
A grizzled face tossed aloof
Appears in orange and pink hue
My breathing has stopped
Such a puddle of mud soothes so
My identity remains in question.

A rising sun
An inquisitive expression
My bones aching
The road never quaking
Shivering cold arms
Hunger awakened
A silent shore ahead
Soft beach beckons

My toes hug the sand
I follow the flow of waves
Feeling a rising sun’s warmth
Sparkles of light bounce about
Much like baby’s birthday tears
All at once no walls surround
Forever seems the day today
Tomorrow no longer a worry

Comments

Popular Posts