An Evening Stroll

Falling leaves remind of days
When I had nowhere to go.
Time meaningless whilst I walk;
Following veins of gavel and rock.

Sometimes the moon aloft,
Often the sun in bright smile,
Yet even when gloom rose
Clouds would not dismiss my purpose.

From here to there alone
Sometimes bitter awakenings
Flew about a painted mural
Along my path.

Birds might call now and then
Breathing flowers of song
About a wreath of emotion
To warm my soul.

A breeze here and there
With scents of growth
Aromas of serenity
A sea through which I tread.

And all at once time starts
That fateful ticking and tocking
Pushing me this way and that
As my walk ends.

I sit down within my room
My eyes dart from clock to window
I can’t quite regain the emotion
Of where I just went for a stroll.

Comments

Popular Posts