Thoughts of Beauty and Truth from Disgruntled Birth

Tell me friend
Is it time to begin?
Tell me friend
Will you let me in?

Tell me now
Will I see your mind?
Tell me
Will I see your kind?

Gates peel away
Inwards, I sway
With power felt
In tomb I melt
With that breeze
The sweet breath
That melting sea
That smells of death.

Then a step inward
Down the hill
Regressing forward
Into gates of hell.
I steal away
Into cowering cell
Into shadows I stay
Unknowing what you tell.

Are these feelings?
Are these fears?
Are these wants?
Or despairs?
Forward regressing
Looking onward
Not confessing
Searching once more.

Not knowing- seeing
Not seeing- feeling
Unbelieving
Is it so?
That even reeling
Some how swaying
Uncertainly dealing
With what you know.

That shadows fall
Decrepit stench sinks
And someone calls
Fearing, I shrink
Listening more
Waiting for encore
To lead me on
To what is in store.

Still dark
Still lost
Still fallen
Yet found
Still wanting
Still doubting
Still waiting
Yet sure.

Proceeding
Down corridor
Through cobwebs
Repugnant odor
Down moldy steps
To an odd rotting door
For a moment at rest
I glance at the floor.

In puddle of dew
Drainage and goo,
Spittle and sinew,
I see a gleaming
A shining stream
A withering dream
Till I grasp the ring
And thoughts sing...

Clouds of mentalism
Surreal individualism
Thoughtful sincerity
Through mistral regularity
Show minds of integrity
Showing others simplicity
And a cure, individualism
Teaches truth, indiscriminately
With eyes shining bright
I see your mind
And in my sight
Is your kind
A being of truth
Something refined
Of ideal intent
And not lament.

Turning from the door
To those old steps
Knowing so much more
Not smelling filth
Seeing no gore
Climbing those steps
Cowering no more
My thoughts implore.

Of not gates of hell
Not of acid and swill
But of flowers and hills
From which I entered
To you I ventured
To find what I may
Something without decay
For my soul of shade.

And into light I stride
My eyes almost close
To the brilliance of sky
Reveal bones of some guy.
Stunned, I cry
Inaudible I can’t deny
Were the words I spat
And befuddled I sat.

Tell me friend
Where to begin?
Tell me friend
Can I come back in?

Tell me now
Why is it so?
Tell me please
Why is it so hard to know?

Comments

Popular Posts