Breaking a Stone

I broke a stone today

Forgot how it was done

I remember it whole

And something begun

But what happened was

Not quite natural

It was seemingly

Rather UN natural

It was whole at first

Then I kicked it once

It skittered and jarred

But stayed together

I kicked it again

And it hit the wall

Dropped to the floor

Nothing broke

Nothing at all

So I picked it up

And whipped it around

It flew fast forward

Hitting someone I knew

Then it settled softly down

Upon their unconscious body

I chuckled a bit

For if it hit their head

It would’ve broken true

Broken to bits

So I rescued the rock

Placed it in a bag

Till I arrived back home

And found it in half

Puzzling this was to me

I don’t understand

All I can say is this

I broke a stone today

Forgot how it was done

I remember it whole

But now its in two

Comments

Popular Posts