VS

An ocean wave rushes over me
Salty spray layering
Half naked body swimming
Till I find the sand solid
All the world seems an illusion.
The sun is a breath of heaven
The wind is a kiss
The blues and greens of life
All afloat within my reach
Beyond thought of Them.
They scratch at my feet
Trying to tear my nails out
Reaching beyond graves
To take all I care for
They search for a wound
A crack to crawl into
Any opening to tear
My bleeding heart through
And I might scream
I might give in to theirs
And let a howling call
Befit their wretched ears
And yet, a silence floats
And no crying is heard
My arms and legs apart
Upon a bead of sinew
Yet no wails sail high
And no evil thoughts remain
My heart is at peace
For I knew my way before them
And all is now as should be
While I unleash my heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts