Glimpses of Beauty - Edited

Trees form a canopy, green leaves, shadows;
Falling from the sky, an umbrella of silken linens.
Shadows casting eerie lights about blowing breeze,
And falling, sun dips, dawn slips in, and begins;

To form a face around a tree.
A silhouette staring at me.
And gone in a flash
My heart feels some odd blast.

Rushing, running, wishing to find the vision.
Was it some ghost, apparition, being fair. . .?
Batting tree branches aside, in flight all stressed,
I ran, wishing to discover fine maiden, yet my mind said beware.

The brush spreads evenly, waiting... My breathing
Hard and sweating now, wondering, why be wary?
Turning left, back right again scouting.
A step forward through brush, it is starry.

A dark incandescent form I implore to see
For myself, the face of beauty steals me away so;
And gone again, I rush from tree to tree.
Exhausted already, seeing times of ages ago...

I see face after face, I let go of in past,
Times, and neglected regrets hit my soul.
That blast changes cold in my heart fast.
Even a crushing blow.

Why is this happening? I can not tell.
Seeing those dead and living still, am I merely
losing my place? No where to run, there I fall
Groping at chest and head to think clearly.

Darkness sinks, an evil hand of contempt, sighing,
Looking about, sweat on cold clammy brow.
Is it done, what has gone by? I was not dying
No, but maybe I should have in that shadow;

Of my terrible past under dark canopy.
One of trees from which a face emerges
Even smiling at me, elven now, could it be?
Silken, fair, winds help its visage form.


Shows its very nature, slowly, I stand on guard.
Examining half face from fairly around large tree
It hides her form, yet an image is there I discover,
By shadow lit by a light heavenly.

Then, in poof of smoke, even a mist
No longer there. Is she
Just some gist?
Or is it just me?

Falling to ground as moonlight shines
Darkness gets lit with heavenly light
As trees and bushes turn soft, and undermines
The somber mood, an evil hand descending tonight.

Tearing, my eyes serenely sulk silken
As something comes from darkness.
Not seen by me, crying, I try to deny
My mood all silly, my head raises...

Nothing there.
No being caressing my arm.
Nothing fair, it is not fair!
Doubting, I take alarm.

Yet scared from this sight
All dark lit with this stimulating light,
Why is this so, this particular night;
Sitting, calmly thinking, which is my right.

Sighing, crying, even laughing, am I mad?
Staring into distance, past trees and fowl
To a lake shimmering, streaming, sinking a tad.
I stand to walk there, a lake no more, is it thou?

Streaming hair, shimmering eyes, a look so sullen;
Yet relaxing, that I blink, a lake again.
I had that image, a visage of an angel fallen,
But now another of mother nature’s wake begins.

Screaming, where is it? the lake now gone, slipping.
The image never stays, slips, I can not ignore.
These scenes I see this night are draining, am I dreaming?
I think not of images, whirling I fall to the shore..




Sigh, says I, and then gasp, there she is!
Taken aback I am, I do not stare, but look away.
She stays there as I do not see, and blows a kiss
To me, yet, I do not see, gone, “not there,” I say.

Image of beauty slips down from moon aloft
Sinking to earth very soft so I may see
Her in gown of vines, twigs, dust, I cough.
Mist swirls a heavenly shine, she glitters serenely.

Oh, how beautiful the image, visage so sweet,
I still do not look, only know she is there,
For only allowed glimpses of her, am I to see
This peacefull being finaly?

The wind licks my cheek and swirling, sweeps through my hair.
Listening to cool sounds of a purring nature, I hear,
But my eyes close to it all completely, for she is too fair
For me to see, and where to go? I sit, not moving anywhere.

Then, quick as it came, heart asunder and floating with thunder
The thought of beauty next to me, the wretched one.
Gone again, as before, I knew coming under
Her spell, that moment stays forever, even though she is gone.

A sigh as eyes open tonight
For those glimpses of beauty
That I did see with my sight;
Are mother nature’s mystery.

Comments

Popular Posts