Floating Puddles

Puddles floating absent mindedly
Mindful ripples, tears descend
Upon gloss and murk alike
The faces of my strife.

Grinning taunting pantomime
Mimicing my thoughts sublime
All I fear and wish
Floating as dead silver fish

Unfolding upon itself
Unfloating, yet sailing so
As their bones begin to show
And eyes across the puddle roll.

Peeling skin then taut and tied
Forming a tent to cover eyes
One blinking this way and that
The second dead, and that is that.

A seer is it? seeing so
Maybe some feeble fool
One eye lacking spectacle
So unclearly we now go.

Into the future fast and furious
From puddle to puddle
Murk, gloss, murk, gloss
No reflections, no ripples.

Eluding a clear visage
Sewage a grim message
And eerie as loc ness
Is each puddle I witness.

Till awakened from my dream
Puddles away fade away
Yet that fishy eye remains
In the back of my mind anyway.

Till briefly shined and clean
The spectacle shows a scene
Real as day, in his eye
Hovers a puddle with my sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts