A Man’s Last Mutterings

Dark winds do beseech us
Musty stench, to quelch our hearts
Evil mutton to burn our throats
And those damn rain drops to sear.

We're dieing my friends, comrades
The weather is fierce
Freaking fine and dandy I admire
But my leg is stiff in demeanor

All, harsh is this time of dread
Death’s head does hover aloft
Bloody fine and well to do
He well take us all, our souls soon

Yes, dark winds and rain tonight
My friends, you gave a good fight
But alas, this battle can’t be won
Not by us, or any bloody one.

Pain, and blood, wounds galore
Battle fought, and words we swore
“DEATH TO THE FIENDS”
Ah yes, death to them, that is us.

God damn men, for men die
Die die, they do, as you and I
And we cry for our hearts and soul
For now we see what troubles we sew.

Poor me, I do wish for all
None to feel this burden of mine
A hurtful soul of deep fevered sorrow
That lays pleading to a dead God for morrow

For the morrow that I will be laid
In that villainous earth so cold
Till the worms lick my swollen sores
Then left to reek and rot, forever more

Why must I die lord, tonight
I see your eyes, glowing with might
God, I mustn’t leave this time
No, no, Tis not just’n or right

Time isn’t right, time, isn’t right
Our battle, our fight, or terror and trivialities
When I see into the creatures reared head
That will take me to the devil’s lair

No, time isn’t right, shouldn’t be
Not me tonight, mustn’t let me
Me oh my, I cry like a whipped lad
As I die tonight, under wind and rain

We leave this hurtful earth comrades
For the light of careful love possibly
Or a demons wrath and fury
For our bloody sins and cruelty.

Damn this life and loveless strife
All is damned, as I lay dead
And life leaves me, as who led me here
And time declares, be gone, my dear.

Comments

Popular Posts