Fairness Found

From upon the muddy ground
I glance a fairness in the surround...

Across a lake into the trees
I see a carefree figure
Dancing perhaps, across the scene.

I tilt my head in curiosity
Wondering of this being I see
Dancing across that log.

But with the shadows
The glimpse is but a glimpse
As the trees hide this creature from me.

Then I tire of this game
And I lift myself aloft
To follow thee.

Past the stump
Where a foot did fall
Into a tree that held a warmth.

Then over a cliff
Into a river
To float over to a shadow.

I knelt there breathing
Wondering where it went
When I heard a voice.

“Come sing with me
This simple lullaby
Sweet silence soft.

Whistle note
Twist it into soft
Sweet silence we sing.”

And as if the crystal river
Had bent its serene voice
For only me to hear

I turned and sang
Into the shadow
Unknowing really, why.

And with a soft snap
Into view emerged
A soft foot sole.

Ankle followed
Adorned by a wreath
Gleaming a light to a face.

Eyes reflecting
An emerald glow
Seemed to hold me still.

The figure flowed
In silence soft
To the earthen floor.

Upon the muddy ground
I glance a fairness in the surround.

Comments

Popular Posts