(The Cold Cave’s Tale)

Cold and dark cave
Sings to my soul
Telling me that
It need not be so.

As the winds blow
Trying to save
All that is that,
In that small cave.

Crouched on the floor
Sitting I stare
Wondering some more
About this cold lair.

What are these stains,
And cracked holes?
The odd remains
And smoking coals?

What happened here?
The story is old,
Of that I am sure,
Behind this damned cold.

Then emerges
Saintly apparition
Flowing curves
Cooled sensations.

With a glance, it motions
And I turn to look
Sideways in trance
Seeing a quaint little nook.

I glance back at it
And it back at me
It merely nodded
Motioning for me to see.

And sitting there
A tree resides.
In the nook I stare
Seeing a tree, with eyes.

Mystic beauty it tells
And simple sight
Eyes white as shells
A glowing light.

Emerald green rimmed
Beauty so serene
Released, single tear dripped
From cute little tree.

A voice calling from the gloom
Of this cavernous room:

“Curious, implored
Asking deliverance
I almost ignored
But gave her a chance.”

Crystal clear voice, second
Replying to the first one:

“No chance I was given
As fateful finger stung
Into my heart of linen
Death was the song sung”

Bickering back
First voice in attack:

“The chance was yours
To deliverance close.
Closed doors,
Was what you chose.”

In defiance
Replied elegance:

“Your deliverance offered
Was offensive to my soul
To allow my fruit soiled
And lose myself sold.”



And ruptured hate flew
Seething sores rendered
And flesh was torn
Till fallen, laid dead.
Left for mutual worms
To Carve out her head.

What tragedy rendered
Upon this cold floor
That the one should stand
Evermore
However, faithful lord
Shot his anger forth.
As she had fallen
Large candle grasped
Feeding flames of hate
As all burnt to the grate
Leaving nothing for either
As all was burned
And villainous curse
There in lay, forever more.

Tear from the quaint tree
Shined in this gloom
As I wiped my very eyes
Understanding the vision.

Saintly apparition faded
And drifted through my hair
While standing with care
Swaying, arms folded.

The cold was bitter
Bitter bitter cold
I left that cave evermore
To remedy that tale of old.

Comments

Popular Posts