Fields of Memory

While watching the fields grown
I wonder of my youth
Growing up, and what I have known
Till now from wonderful birth.

I remember a sunset, red clouds
Streaming sounds widespread as the winds
And glorious as the fields and grasses
That reflect timelessly, feelings within.

I recall a call of the birds and crickets
From morning to dusk
Their sounds to my grateful ears, entrust
That feel gifted with nature’s calm triplets.

Rhythms and rhymes, of thoughts sublime
Flow as those grasses in those fields of mine

I remember a skunk crossing my path
Soundlessly, only feet away from my breath.
Awe inspiring sight, as it transgressed
From this our path, to its own blessed.

I recall the seasons, of fall’s tremendous color
To the winter and summer, opposite wonders
And the spring, a birth, of floating mirth
That dwells within each and everyone of worth.

Rhythms and rhymes, of thoughts sublime
Flow as those grasses in those fields of mine

While the winds and golden rod bends
Floating to transcend all the worldly gusts
Slipping by smoothly even slightly to the side
As all the while, beauty does reside.

And memories bring to me the thoughts
Of all I remember, and all I have known
To show me my worth, and that of those
Who I admire, my treasures overflow.

While watching fields flow from my youth
To those grasses forward and foremost
They are waiting to yield to my sway forth
Into the future, to bending breezes, I then give myself..

Comments

Popular Posts