Can’t Help the Loss

In a breath of the morning sea
Her hair flowed softly across her face.
As the spring leaves sprout softly serene
Her dress shifted in emotional embrace.
So simple and fair
Yet incredibly sincere,
Movement so graceful
I would wipe away tears.

I can’t help the loss
The feelings that flow
Everlasting seas
Of emotions unwept
Contained internally
In a regretful hope.

As the winter winds and graceful sands
Blow across the dunes and drifts
Her gaze would fall upon my face
Warming and cooling my sensations.
Every word treasured
Each phrase a psalm
Her thoughts so kind
How was I so blind.

I can’t help the loss
The feelings that blow
Across the draining seas
That flow with my tears
As I said my goodbye
To her that cold night.

Now the sun has set with her eyes
That seemed to be my sun each night
That I beheld her gaze and smile
As a child in his mother’s care.
Sweet as nectar
An odor of beauty
Fragrance untamed
I’ll never smell again...

I can’t help the loss
The feelings that flow
Across the ocean blue
Of my tears I cried
That fateful night
That I had to say goodbye.

Comments

Popular Posts